Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Pain Remains the Same

So, no fibromyalgia study yet. Had to stay home with my sick kid. I'll make it through okay; I always do. As I've said, my body is falling apart. I guess part of it is just aging. And those pounds don't come off as easily as they used to. It's funny. I've always claimed to be comfortable in my body, to happy with the weight I am. But now, after thinking that I had gotten over the terrible years of self-loathing and low self-esteem, I'm finding that my looks do matter to me - more than I thought. Hopefully I can pull myself back up and not let it rub off on my daughter. I've tried so hard to make sure she knows that the exterior is not important. I'd hate to ruin all my work now.


That brave former
Miss America
on television just now
said she visited the White House
once.
Met Eleanor Roosevelt.
But poor Eleanor . . .
that woman said
she would never win
a beauty contest.
Poor Eleanor.
She was saddled with
intelligence, courage,
and compassion.
How many points for those?

No comments: